All About Concrete Gazette Today

Dropped Kerb Contractors In Bedworth

Dec 17

Do you need a dropped kerb for your property? A kerb drop must be obtained if you plan on driving onto your property by using the pavement. To gain access to the public highway, a vehicle must be capable of crossing a driveway from a commercial or residential area.

Kerb dropping allows vehicles cross the asphalt between a driveway and the road. It is a legal requirement that anyone who desires to drive onto your property must do so.

You can also view our video directly on YouTube

Kerb Dropping and Vehicle Crossover Specialists

Parking outside your house can cause stress. A permit fee may be required. It can be difficult to find parking spots in urban areas. If you plan on driving across the pavement onto your property, a dropped kerb will be required. If you have questions refer to our website Q and A's.

Access to the public road must be possible from either a residential or commercial driveway. It allows vehicles from a driveway to cross pavements. For you to be able drive on your property, one must be present.

Local Kerb Dropping Contractors

A kerb-drop can be a significant improvement in accessing your property. Additionally, it will help prevent cars from parking on your driveway. According to the law regarding driveway access, a vehicle must be able to cross the footway to get to your driveway from a highway.

It is illegal for you to drive on the footway. You could be charged with violating the law if you do.

It may be necessary that the pavement in front is strengthened. It is possible to move street furniture such as manhole covers, lampposts or manhole covers in some cases.

Bedworth Vehicle Crossover Experts

If you aren't sure if permission is required, please contact your local authority. Get in touch with your local government to determine if you need planning permission. Costs to apply depend on the location.

Once permission has been granted, you will need to find a local specialist who can do the work.

It is not something you can do yourself. There are specific requirements that the council places on service providers. Some councils will only allow you to use their approved contractors. Some allow you to use your own contractors, provided they comply with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 requirements. For highway assessments by council, there might be an extra charge.

You can make your life easier by hiring a drop kerb contractor registered with the local authority. They will file all applications on your behalf and get them approved usually quickly, as they have a good track record with their council.

Our experience with drop-kerbs has been extensive. We also have the required licenses. We will visit your property and take measurements. Other considerations that might be needed for planning permission. We have lots of experience here and other towns as well

We are an approved local authority firm and can assist your county council in installing a drop kerb that complies with all regulations.

Ask us for a free quote. Our contact details are on our website